Work From Home | Editor
About the Company
StoryMirror is India’s fastest growing community for readers & writers with a collection of 4 million readers, 150,000 short-stories & poems, and 22,000 storytellers in six languages. There's a story behind everything. How a picture got on a wall? How a scar got on your face? Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. YES!!! There's a story inside all of us and StoryMirror brings to you an unprecedented platform to express yourself freely and SHARE your untold stories with the world. We are a team of 'creators' with a literary vision who want to offer you a platform to write those untold stories that you carry within. StoryMirror wants to be a part of your life and offer you a space to air and share your stories and make it available to the readers worldwide to read them and take delight in your creativity.
About the Role
Perform variety of editorial duties, such as laying out, indexing, and revising content of written materials, in preparation for final publication.
Key Management Areas of Responsibility
1) Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability.
2) Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
3) Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
4) Evaluate contents submitted for publication on a scale of 10.
5) Provide translations if and when required.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
Editing and Proof reading content once written.
1. Reading/Writing Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work on the basis of information and ideas presented in writing.
2. Coordination -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
3. Visualisation -- The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
4. Selective Attention -- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
1. Excellent command on language, including good spelling and grammar
2. Knowledge of the structure and content of the language
3. A meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail
4. The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
5. A tactful approach when dealing with authors
6. The ability to retain the author's 'voice' after editing
7. A love of and feel for language.
1. Must have a Laptop/PC with internet connection to work from remote areas
2. Basic knowledge of working on Excel, Word Doc and Internet